Tamarind Fruit is boiled and filtered through ultra filters and then homogenized before it is spray dried with the help of food-grade carriers. This Tamarind Powder retains all the natural flavors of Tamarind, is free-flowing, and most suitable for human consumption. It is food-grade and largely used in the manufacture of beverages, seasonings, juices, etc.
Specification Of Spray Dried Tamarind Powder:
1. Product Code : ABCI/Spray Dried TP
2. Description : Tamarind Powder is produced from selected fresh healthy,ripe Tamarind by spray drying with a suitable carrier like maltodextrin.
3. Preservatives: No external stabilizers, preservatives or flavouring agents are added.
4. Appearance : Brown / Light Brown Colour.
5. Bulk Density : 0.55 - 0.75 g/cc
6. Particle Size: 98% passes # 30 mesh.
7. pH of 1% Aq. Soln.: 2 – 3.5
8. Acidity (as Tartaric Acid): 7 - 9%
9. Moisture : Max 5%
10. Ash : Max. 4%
11. Dietary Fibre: Max 3%
12. Fat : Max 1%
13. Protein : Max 1%
14. Carbohydrates: 85 - 95%
15. Bacteriological Data: Bacteria less than 30,000 per g.
E. coli absent.
16. Recommended : Store in a cool place, with temp. not exceeding 14° C.
Storage Conditions : Air-conditioned room advisable. Store in a dark place away from sunlight or other strong sources of light. Avoid humidity, store in a dry place. Use entire pack quantity in a single use. If not possible, tie bag tightly after every use.
17. Shelf Life : When recommended storage conditions are strictly followed, shelf life is 6 months for powders.
18. Packaging : 10/20 kg. Heavy gauge double LDPE Bags in 7 ply corrugated carton.
19. Application : Soups, dry mixes, confectionery, juices, seasonings, pickles, sauces, bakery products, snacks foods, extruded products, savouries, candies, etc.