ABC International is a pioneer in the manufacturing of various Tamarind Concentrates in India and have been in the business since 1970s. Product development efforts have been a continuous process for ABCI.
Tamarind Concentrates - is offered in Bulk , as well as Retail packs. We supply the regular Tamarind Extract of 65 degree brix and also, a customised variant called Depectinised Tamarind Concentrate of 78 to B0 degrees brix.
Tamarind Concentrate in our brand "KiKi", as well as private labels that we pack is produced from fresh, ripe seedless Tamarind through a water extract process. Tamarind is a forest produce and grown in Southern ald Eastein parts of India. New crop is used t6 ensure freshness, flavour, natural colour and long shelf life of the product. No filler, artificial preservative or additive are used, there by making the product 100% pure, safe and natural, relying entirely on tamarind's own preservative characteristics (natural Tartaric Acid).
ABCI's stringent quality control system ensures the total production process according to international standards at every stage of production and each batch is checked for its quality.
The entire process of manufacturing Tamarind Concentrate is automated, hygienic and conforming to FPO (Food Processing Order of the Government of India) Standards. The special process retains the natural tangy flavour, purity, sweetness, taste and the precious vitamin C. The juice is concentrated to reach the desired brix level of 65 degrees. Depectinised Tamarind concentrate (80 degree brix) is made by removing the inherent pectin content through biopectinaze enzyme process.
Tamarind Concentrate can be stored at ambient temperature.
More than two years at normal room temperature. The only change that happens is in colour; when the Tamarind
Concentrate turns into a darker colour after prolonged storage, due to breakdown of natural sucrose inherent in the Tamarind Fruit.
Tamarind Concentrates and other Tamarind Products are used as a souring agent. "KiKi" Tamarind products are an effective substitute for vinegar, tomatoes and lemon juice. Extensively used in Indian, Thai, Chinese, Malaysian and Mexican cuisine, they are also used in the manufacturing of western sauces and ketchups. It is a base for softdrinks. Its applications are found in:
- As a souring ingredient for manufacturing Soups, Instant Noodles, Stews, Gravies, Sauces and Ethnic food preparations
- Used in Seasoning, in Dry Instant Pre-mixes
- As a base for manufacturing Beverages -Soft Drink ( RTS), Tamarind Syrup, Tamarind Cola, Tamarind Cordial, etc...
- In Ethnic dishes such as vindaloo, sambar, rasam, curry, puliogare, panipuri, many snacks, chutneys and sauces
- As a flavouring ingredient in alcoholic and non alcoholic (hot and cold) beverages -Iced Tea
- Confectioneries - Soft and Hard-boiled Tamarind candies and Fruit Bars
- In new age natural lce Creams
- Pharmaceutical - oral hygiene products and cough syrup
- As a marinade in food processing
- Fish, meat and seafood preservation
- As a substitute for vinegar, tomatoes and tartaric acid
- In curing chewing, pipe and tobaccos
- As a Carminative and mild Laxative
- Treatment of several Digestive problems and Bile disorders
- Drink in desert countries as a Cooling Agent.
- Remedy for Ulcers because of its antiseptic properties
- As a Gargle for Sore Throats
- Mixed with salt and used as a Liniment for Rheumatism
- Used for alleviating Sunstroke
- As a prevention for Fluorosis
- As a cure for several bone diseases