Welcome to HelloTrade!
I Want to Buy
Request for Quote
Member
Since
6 Yrs
No. 601-A, Amogh Adjure, Sahakar Road, Tejpal Scheme Road, No. 5, Vile Parle East
Mumbai, Maharashtra-400057, India+(91)-22-26834689
Contact Supplier

Chloro Acetic Acid

Next Product »
FOB Price : Get Price

Monochloroacetic Acid, CClH2COOH, (chloroacetic acid, chloroethanoic acid or monochloroethanoic acid) is a carboxylic acid which is formed by chlorinating acetic acid. It is a colorless, deliquescent crystalline solid with an odor. Mono Chloro Acetic Acid is highly soluble in water as well as most of the organic solvents, expects carbon tetrachloride. As its structural formula indicates, it is bi functional; with the groups having the possibility of undergoing a reaction
It is manufactured and marketed in a purified form; having the following specifications

Monochloroacetic Acid (MCA)99% minimum
Dichoroacetic Acid (DCA)0.5 Maximum
Other Acids0.5 Maximum

Pure Mono Chloro Acetic Acid is available in molten state, as flakes or dissolved in water,ethanol and methanol. At room temperature, MCA solids have the appearance of a hygroscopic crystalline substance with a characteristic acidic odor. We are the Leading Exporter of Monochloro Acetate (MCA)
Monochloroacetic Acid 80% solution (above 18°C.) in water and Monochloroacetic Acid molten (above 62°C), is a clear fluid with a characteristic acidic odor. Depending on the temperature, aqueous solutions are subject to extremely slow hydrolysis that ultimately results in the formation of glycolic acid and hydrochloric acid.
Monochloroacetic Acid liquids are rapidly absorbed through the skin, even at low concentrations and even if the acid has not caused any visible skin lesions. If more than 5% of the surface of the skin has been in contact with monochloroacetic acid, general (systemic) poisoning may occur. This is associated with vomiting and/or symptoms of shock (agitation and/or confusion, later unconsciousness, pale clammy skin, rapid pulse). This may lead to very serious and even fatal injury if immediate and adequate action is not taken.
Monochloroacetic Acid is a hazardous substance and has been officially classified as “toxic and corrosive”. Any contact with the skin and eyes may cause severe chemical burns, with possible permanent damage (scarring). Even solutions diluted to 1% may cause painful red spots and swelling following contact with the skin. Inhalation of MCA vapors has an irritant effect on the respiratory tract
Exposure time to the chemical is an important factor. If the treatment of an monochloroacetic acid skin contamination is delayed, it cannot be excluded that you will be poisoned, even if less than 5% of your skin surface has been exposed.
Immediate treatment of the monochloroacetic acid-exposed victims, with saturated bicarbonate solution (emergency bath) or water (emergency shower) is vitally important to prevent symptoms of poisoning and limit skin damage. Therefore, the sites where MCA products are handled should have emergency bicarbonate baths or at least warm showers (approx. 26°C.).
Expert medical attention should be obtained immediately for anyone who has been in contact with monochloroacetic acid or has ingested or inhaled SMCA.
Personal protection, such as acid-resistant gloves and clothing, safety goggles/face shield, and dust protection for handling solids, must be used to avoid contact with monochloroacetic acid.

 
RELATED PRODUCTS
 
X
Invalid Input
Please enter Mobile Number
Invalid Email ID
Invalid Email ID
Your Contact Information
Convenient
Competitive Quotes
Choice of Suppliers
Payment Protection
 
sending enquiry ....

unable to instantiate your call right now. please try after some time.

close

©Copyright HelloTrade.com