Sodium Monochloro Acetate (SMCA) is the derivative of Monochloroacetic Acid (MCA) obtained by its neutralization with alkali. This is a versatile product and is used as raw material or intimidates in the manufacture of the following important organic & textile chemicals.
- Herbicides such as 2.4D, 2,4,5 Trichlorophenoxyacetic Acid etc.
- Sequestering agents such as Sodium salt of Ethylene Diaminetetria acetic Acid (EDTA), Nitriloacetic Acid etc.
- Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC).
- Carboxymethyl Starch.
- Glycolic Acid
- Trioglycolic Acid
- Cyanoacetic Acid and it its Easters
- Dyes Such as Indigo
- Substituted Guar Gums.
Sodium Monochloroacetate is a white colored free flowing fine powder with a pungent odour. It is readily soluble in water and available as a technically pure grade. We are the Leading Exporter of Sodium Monochloro Acetate (SMCA)
Sodium Monochloro Acetate is available as granule and in powder form (of the two forms, granules have better flowing characteristics and reduced caking behavior, making them easier to use).
- Chloroacetic acid sodium salt.
- Chloroctan sodyn.
- Dow defoliant
- Sodium Monochloro Acetate
- Sodium Monochloroacetate
At room temperature sodium monochloro acetate is a white hygroscopic solid (in powder or granule form). Hydrolysis of aqueous solutions of SMCA very rapidly leads to the formation of sodium glycolate and hydrochloric acid, depending on the temperature and time for which it is kept in open.
Sodium Monochloro Acetate is a hazardous substance and has been officially classified as “toxic”.but unlike MCA, SMCA is not corrosive to the skin. As far as known, it does not penetrate the skin but is absorbed after ingestion, causing systemic poisoning. Prolonged contact should be avoided since SMCA is hygroscopic and hydrolysis may occur on wet skin and eyes.
Sodium Monochloro Acetate is hazardous when ingested or inhaled. Even low concentrations may cause poisoning, associated with vomiting and/or symptoms of shock (agitation and/or confusion, later unconsciousness, pale clammy skin, rapid pulse). This may lead to very serious and even fatal injury if immediate and adequate action is not taken.
Exposure should be as low as possible but at least lower than the limits set by local regulations such as the Maximum Allowable Concentration (MAC) value for a working day of 8 hours.
Expert medical attention should be obtained immediately for anyone who has been in contact with ingested or inhaled SMCA. Personal protection, such as acid resistant gloves and clothing, safety goggles, and dust protection for handling solids, must be used to avoid contact with MCA.