Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, practically odorless, and tasteless gas. It results from incomplete oxidation of carbon in combustion CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.
Sources of Carbon Monoxide
Improper combustion adjustment of gas furnaces, water heaters, and other gas appliances, improper exhaust of product of combustion, lack of sufficient combustion air, back-drafting from furnaces, leaking chimneys, leaky heat exchanger due to cracks or holes.