Integrated with AMRI’s other Medicinal Chemistry expertise, biocatalysis can expand chemical diversity and enable unique routes for lead optimization. AMRI’s technology incorporates stabilized enzymatic and microbial systems into a high throughput robotic platform. A large library of biocatalysts, supplemented by recombinant catalysts (engineered in-house), allows for a broad range of biocatalytic chemistries. As a result, AMRI can rapidly prepare novel analogs of the starting compound, designed with the pharmacological goals of a customer’s project.
Typical Biocatalysis Applications include:
* Natural products optimization
* Prodrug design
* Wide variety of transformations to complement classical medicinal chemistry
* Hydroxylations and halogenations to enable new chemical “handles”
* Regioselective modifications to refine structure activity relationships (SAR)
* Biocatalysis integrated closely with its medicinal chemistry expertise often enables AMRI to generate unique SAR and proprietary positions for its customers.
* AMRI’s large-scale fermentation and chemical process expertise allows rapid scale-up of new processes.