AMRI’s unique and efficient fermentation processes speed supply of natural product leads and analogs for practical, scaleable processes.
Typical applications include:
* Natural Products Production
* Wide variety of biotransformations to complement classical chemistry
* Hydroxylations to enable new chemical routes
* Asymmetric Syntheses and chiral resolutions
* Practical bioprocess development and improvement
Capabilities for full fermentation, semi-synthesis, and enzymatic process development come from:
* An extensive collection of >40,000 purified biocatalysts and strains
* Broad experience with diverse strains, especially with eubacteria, fungi, and yeasts
* Broad experience with numerous biocatalyst classes (hydroxylating, redox, halogenating, stereoselective)
* Predetermined phylogenetic and biotransformation capabilities of biocatalysts
* Proprietary parallel mini-fermentors and bioreactors with D.O.E.
* High throughput analytical systems (including LC/MS and chiral HPLC)
* Scale-up from mL to 500-L
* Proven technology transfer procedures
* A dedicated server for complete process records
* Extensive downstream separations and chemistry integration.