A product with dynamic characteristics for sealing the perimeter gap when the openable elements of a window or door are in the closed position, one whose essential element is a closely woven textile yarn interlaced to backing. The yarn (bristles) is made of polypropylene & is available in different colours as well as heights & densities.
polypropylene pile weather-strips , siliconised polypropylene pile weather-strips, and siliconised polypropylene barrier fin pile weather-strip, sizes as follows:
1- Strip Pile,5.0 mm X 5.25 mm 3P,175 m/reel
2- Strip Pile - 5.0 mm X 8.00 mm 3P 150 m/reel
3- Strip Pile - 6.7 mm X 6.00 mm 3P,150 m/reel
4- Self-adhesive weather-strip, used for large gaps, Size is 35.0 mm X 12.0 mm 20P.
Definition & Illustration Of Some Used Terms:
- Polypropylene Pile: UV Stabilised To Combat The Effects Of Strong Sunlight. Reduced Friction For Easy Sliding. Fibres Are Separate And Will Conform To Surface Variations. Optimum Performance In All Weather Conditions
- Backing: Extruded Polypropylene. Integral Bond Between Fabric And Backing. Locks Pile Fibre Firmly Into Place To Prevent Shredding. Gives A Strong, Rigid Back For Easy Insertion. Flexible For Smooth Reeling And Handling. Wide Range Of Standard Backing Widths.
- Center Fin: Double Layer Of Polypropylene Film. UV Stabilised To Combat The Effects Of Strong Sunlight. Provides A Solid Line Of Protection Against Air Infiltration And Water Penetration. Reduce Friction For Easier Sliding.
- 3P & 20P Stands For Bristle Density Of Product
- PB Stands For Polybond - The Processing Of Bonding Of Base
- FP Stands For Weather Strip With Film (Of Brush Height) At Center
- HF Stands For Weather Strip With Film (Taller Than Brush) At Center
It is used by manufacturers of window and doors for sliding or compression applications where seal, stabilisation of the aluminium or PVC frames needed.