Screw piles are ideal for many applications within the oil and gas industry. They are rugged and easy to install, which makes them ideal for use in remote or congested locations.
With a strong resistance to vibration or cyclic loading, screw piles can be placed under pump jacks and compressor stations or installed for pipeline buoyancy control. This flexible foundation option is also surprisingly easy to remove. This makes screw piles a particularly attractive option for projects that face strict reclamation requirements.
Common energy sector applications include:
- Pump jacks and compressor stations
- Pipe-racking and pipe supports
- Pipeline buoyancy control
- Flare stacks and guy anchors
- Well pads
- Facility utility requirements such as lighting, cable trays and skid buildings