Till 1856, only natural, chemical free dyes were available in the world. All dyeing, printing, paintings were carried out with natural dyes. It was only in 1956 when Mr. Perkins from Germany invented the first chemical dye known as Anthraquinone. The dye was made by matching the structure of natural dye `Madder’ which is also known as Manjishtha. Since then chemical dyes were invented from time to time and they took over the entire natural dye industry. Only a few pockets of artisan levels were left. The reason for this erase of natural dyes was:
- Seasonal dependency of natural dyes / availability throughout the year
- As only grinded forms of natural dyes were used, huge quantities of natural dyes were required to dye textile. Some time you had to use 150% natural dyes of the weight of textiles. This process was not possible with organized textile dyeing.
- Long process of application which required 2-3 days to get a particular shade.
- Standardization of natural dyes which use to be a big problem for repeatability of shades.
- Fastness properties of natural dyes.
- We accepted all these big challenges and worked on more than 500 colour giving plants (and are still working) to short list the right raw materials which can be used in the industrial application without any problem.
Now we are able to offer:
- Standardized extract form of natural dyes throughout the year without any problem.
- Small percentage of natural dyes is required to get the desired shades which make dyes usable even on most modern dyeing machines including rope dyeing for denims, soft flow for knits, jigger for fabrics, etc.
- We have reduced process time from 2-3 days to 3-4 hours, making dyeing much easier and economical for large dye houses.
- Without innovative process of dyeing, fastness has also increased to acceptable level of dyeing
- We have developed expertise in modifying the process of dyeing as per the requirements of the dye houses and giving them successful trail at their facilities.
The above mentioned services in natural dyes are truly unmatchable in the industry. Thanks to our dedicated technical staff who has made us world leaders in natural dyes. But this is not the end. We are further working hard every day to give better and eco friendly natural products to the industry at regular intervals.