The Continuous Back Washing Sand Filter, continuously cleans itself whilst in service, and the sand bed therefore continuously moving. The compact nature of its modular construction provides significant advantages to the user in both space requirement sand investment cost.
Both active rubbing and simultaneous rinsing clean the dirty sand. As the sand washer moves back and forth, the cleaned sand is re-distributed evenly across the surface of the sand bed. This eliminates problems of varying pressure drop and shortcutting, thereby providing stable operation.
• Sand turnover is automatic. The filter is designed to automatically adjust to
compensate for a wide variety of loading
• Stable filtration. The even surface of the sand
layer gives a stable filtration with no risk of
short circuits. The cleaned sand is returned to
the top of the sand bed and is leveled out.
This makes uniform sand bed and filter
resistance all over the filter.
• Efficient purification. The filter provides
efficient purification at various flow rates.
This is made possible by the special
positioning of the airlift at the inlet shaft.
• Installation made effortless. Constructed in a
rectangular, modular design, the filter is easy
to be installed, minimizing the space
requirements. Reducing pump energy
consumption is a result.
• It is possible to filtrate the influent suspended solid up to the concentration of approx. 100 mg/l
• Since the clean filter sand captures the suspended solid contained in the raw water, it is also
possible to filtrate the high-turbidity sewage.
• The miscellaneous units for back washing will not be required and the equipment itself can be
simplified, thus resulting in reduced trouble and easy maintenance/control.
• It is necessary to arrange the limited number of control units, as the equipment uses the
continuous back washing.
• The filtration pressure loss is smaller and more stabilized than that of other method, and the
drive consumption is limited, resulting in reducing maintenance.
Sewage treatment, living discharge wastewater, catering discharge wastewater, food discharge wastewater, general plating wastewater, paper and pulp wastewater, glass polishing wastewater, chemical factory wastewater, pool water, fish farm water, pre-treatment of raw drinking water, construction road discharge turbid water, etc.