AMARLIX SH LIQUID is a strongly anion-active fatliquor which may be included in the fat liquoring of semi chrome and chrome tanned grain leather and suede. it is used during chrome tanning or in the main fat liquoring operation to achieve very good softening action on semi - chrome leather . it has levelling effect on dyeing with anionic dyes and lightens the shade of
dyeings. it improves the adhesion and glazing properties of the finish when added in the main fat liquoring for chrome and semi-chrome glazed kid leathers.
Anion active sulphonated oil.
- As pre fat liquoring agent Pre Fat liquoring with 2-3% of AMARLIX SH LIQUID helps in producing smooth grain glazable leathers . After stripping and bleaching operation material is treated as under :
Washing : With water at 30C for 10 minutes
Chrome tanning : 3 % AMARLIX SH LIQUID 0.5% ARILIX A with required quantity of water at 30C for 30 minutes. 0.5-1% formic acid (85%) pH 3.0-3.2 for 20 minutes. 6% Basic chrome powder for 15 minutes : further treated with 6% Basic chrome powder for 30 minutes : Further treated with
0.5% Sodium bicarbonate
pH 3.8 - 4.1 ( 10-90 minutes -twice )
- Rinse with water and pile overnight
- Dyeing and fat liquoring process is usual.
- Stripping vegetable tannins Treatment with alkali , normally coarsens the grain while stripping vegetable tannins from E.I. leather , however addition of 1-2% AMARLIX SH LIQUID (on the weight E.I.) in the stripping bath gives grain leather .
- Application in Drum tanning of E.I. leather Use of 1-2* of AMARLIX SH LIQUID (on the pelt wei9M during the drum tanning E.I. leather assists in better setting of the leather and this helps in increasing the elasticity of the grain and prevent cracking.
- Application for correcting unlevel dyeings unlevel dyeing on leather can be stripped with AMARLIX SH LIQUID and correcting the shades by subsequent topping. AMARLIX SH LIQUID (on weight shaved leather)
1-2% ammonia (25%)
100% water at temperature 40-50c for 20-30 minute.