A light fast neutralizing syntan with pronounced buffering effect and complex forming action.
Auxiliary neutralizing syntan based on naphthalene sulphonic acid condensate.
- Being anionic and having neutal pH, it neutralizes the cationic chrome and mineral tanned leathers.
- With buffering and complex forming action, it neutralizes uniformly the surface and the cross section of leather leading to a very great levelling action and imporved penetration of anionic products including anionic dyes.
- No tanning action on the grain of leather leading to no coarseing of the grain.
- Helps to disperse the tannis, distributing them more evenly in the leather.
- Used either alone (1-3% on shaved weight) or in combination with common commercial neutralizing agents like sodium bicarbonate, sodium formate etc.
- Highly suitable for initiating the retannage when used alone or in combination with other retanning agents.
- Used after a chrome or zirconium tannage, for example on box calf and napps.
- Provides level dyeing with only minimal shade weakening effect by preventing the spontaneous reaction of anionic dyes with cationic charged leather i.e chrome leather,