ARITAN AB3 / AB4 is a synthetic tanning agent for bleaching vegetable tanned or retanned leather to a pale colour.
Napthalene sulphonic acid condensation product
- Particularly suitable for the bleaching of El tanned leather.
- ARITAN AB3 produces a neutral pale leather colour while ARITAN AB4 gives a pronounced yellowish tinge
- Removes the iron stains on vegetable and retanned leathers, stable to iron and no discolouration accurs due to iron.
- Imparts an even, clean and bright look without effecting the resistance to cracking of the grain.
- ARITAN AB3 is mostly preferred for bleaching EI leather while ARITAN AB4 is preferred for bleaching heavy leathers like factory sole leather, industrial leather etc.
- Drum Bleaching : light & medium weight leathers are drummed with 3.5% of ARITAN AB3 or AB4 in 150% of float at 30oC until the desired bleach effect is attained followed by rising for five minute in running water.
- Dip Bleaching : This is carried out in plastic tubs containing solution of 70-100 gm of ARITAN AB3 or AB4 per litre of water. The leathers to be bleached are imersed for a short period in the solution given a short rinse.