Helix is an interbody fusion device. It is a hollow, cylindrically shaped implant made out of titanium alloy. Bone graft can be packed within the implant to promote osteointegration. Over time, the bone is expected to grow through the openings in the wall of the cage and around the outside of the cage and fuse the vertebrae together in order to stabilize the region to help reduce back pain.
· Openings allow bone in-growth to take place inside and around the implant.
· Ringed "thread" prevents expulsion and backout
· Optional "fins" for stabilizing implant from compressive forces
Where product is "cleared" for use
· This product is not yet cleared for use in the U.S.
· The product has CE Mark approval for sale elsewhere