POLYFIX Wood Seal is the fastest and strongest sealant to seal the holes in wood, without cracking, shrinking, sinking or falling out like many water based fillers.
- Fills cracks, holes and gouges.
- Dries hard and smooth in less than minute, Sands easily.
- May be stained when dry or just add stain, Other Fillers have trouble accepting stain. Non-flammable, long and durable bond.
Determiune the color of the wood and or wood stain: and fill powder of same colour and pour POLYFIX wood seal on powder to harden.
- Area should be clean and dry.
- If gouge is rough, sand it first
- Always use the pad rubbing in the direction of the grain.
- Lightly sand the defective area using a rubber block and sandpaper to remove any ridge around the damage area.
- Make sure area is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Clean any loose material out of the defect.
- You will need to remove the darkened material using a knife or sandpaper.
- It is better to have your repair lighter in color to the surrounding area than darker
- Allow to dry completely between layers.
- Slightly overfill the defect.
- Always scrap in the direction of the damage, keeping both edges of the putty knife on solid wood.
- Gently buff the repair using a clean white cotton towel working with the grain.
- Allow the material to dry hard (1-5 minutes depending on depth of repair.)
- Once dry, sand flat using sandpaper.
- Sand in the direction of the grains.