Crack Fill Powder is a specially formulated non-shrink cement based polymer modified powder for filling cracks in plastered surfaces. When mixed with water, Crack Fill Powder forms a creamy consistent paste.
Areas of Application:
Repairing of external & internal cracks in plastered surfaces up to 5 mm width & 5 mm depth.
Method of Application
- Clean the crack from any kind of laitance, grease, oils, wax, polish etc.
- Remove loose particles from joints. The edges of the cracks/joints should be neat & sound. Make sure the surface is free from puddle of water.
- Roughen smooth surfaces to give a good key.
- In normal conditions Crack Fill Powder does not require a primer. However, in critical areas, SBR based compound like Latex Plus can be used depending on the severity of the surface & application.
- Mix Crack Fill Powder in clean water in proportion of 2.5 parts of Crack Fill Powder to 1 part of water by volume.
- A paste consistency is required for application.
- Crack Fill Powder : Water = Approx. 2.5 : 1 (by vol.).
- Moisten the surface slightly before applying Crack Fill Powder.
- Press Crack Fill Powder paste into the cracks using a putty knife or spatula. Level the surface with a putty knife to get smooth & clean surface.
- Painting operations can be undertaken after 24 hours of the application, when Crack Fill Powder is completely cured.