Tile Adhesive Plus is a ready mixed polymer modified cement based powder multi-purpose tile adhesive. It provides outstanding bonding of tiles with cementitious surfaces like, plaster, concrete etc. Tile Adhesive Plus is non-shrink, self curing and has brilliant binder properties.
- External flooring
- Internal flooring/walls
- Tile on tile
- Swimming pool tiling applications.
Method of Application
- The surface to be tiled should be clean & sound. Old surfaces must be free from any kind of laitance, grease, oils, wax, polish etc.
- Pour one 20 Kgs. bag in approx. 6.5 ltrs. of clean water (recommended proportion approx. 3:1 of Tile Adhesive Plus to Water). At site, addition of water shall be adjusted to attain desired consistency. Do not put water into the powder. Mix with a slow speed drill (50-100 rpm) or with a trowel until a lump free homogeneous paste is obtained
- Always mix the required quantity, which can be consumed within the specified pot life maintaining the afore mentioned mixing proportion
- Spread the mixed adhesive to a thickness of approx. 3-6 mm & comb with a notched trowel. Strictly apply the adhesive paste which can be tiled within 25 to 30 minutes
- Intermittently touch the adhesive paste on substrate by finger. If the adhesive sticks to fingers then continue tiling & if not, scrape off the mix & apply new coat before further tiling
- Start placing tiles on the surface to be tiled. Tap the tiles properly to ensure complete coverage of the backside of tiles & to eliminate the possibility of any air voids
- Keep joints between two tiles using spacers that are available with Tile Adhesive Plus bag
- Allow tiling to set for 24 hours prior to filling joints
- Use mechanical clamps for holding the heavy stones in positions on vertical surface
- Before applying tiles on tiles, make sure that the original tiling surface must be scraped off to provide sufficien mechanical key for bonding.
20 kgs. & 30 kgs.
Approx. 50–55 ft2/20 kgs. bag at 3 mm thickness.