Two Royal English yachts were called Royal Caroline. The first one laid down in the shipyards of Sheerness in 1700, was a boat we know well by the name of Peregrine Galley. After an appropriate adaptation of the work, this ship which been serving in the Royal Navy for a long time, had the honour to be renamed "ROYAL CAROLINE".On the contrary, the second one was directly planned as a royal yacht and was launched in 1749 in the shipyards of Deptford. The old "Royal Caroline" was returned to the British Navy and received back its name of peregrine Galley. She ended her service tragically, sunk with the entire crew in the Bay of Biscay. That was in the year 1761, the same year the 'ROYAL CAROLINE" was renamed Royal Charlotte going on to serve the Royal British family until 1805. It was completely destroyed in 1820.