The Camfield oscillator has been developed to provide smooth, positive, cam controlled rotary- linear combined motions to an external output shaft. A compact housing encloses the internal parts and provides (6) different mounting surfaces to suit a wide variety of installation.The modified construction avoids the necessity of providing openings in the mounting base plate for clearance purposes.
- Type A : Oscillating-Linear output movement wherein the output shaft reverses its rotation after each complete linear stroke.
- Type B: Intermittent-Linear output permitting rotary indexing after each complete linear cycle. Both types allow input shaft rotation in either direction with the corresponding output rotation.
- Type C: Rotation only-no linear movement
Operation: Rotation of the input drive shaft (cw or ccw) causes a track cam and lever to produce linear movement of the output shaft. Positive angular positioning is obtained by the engagement of a pair of needle type cam rollers with a hardened and ground guide key(s). Suitable fitting rib cam followers, keeps rotational backlash to the minimum necessary for high speed operation and exact angular stopping.
Specials: Since the rotational motion is a direct function of the cam stroke, any angular movement less than 180 degrees is obtainable with the addition of a special cam and positional locking rollers. Nonstandard linear strokes and shaft extensions are also available.
- The Oscillators may be mounted in any position with (6) different mounting surfaces provided. Optional mount bases are available
- The output shafts are unhardened to permit customer drilling or reaming operations
- An optional tubular linear output shaft is available to provide pneumatic, vacuum or electrical accessibility to output tooling