S.D. Oscillators are available in the most modified construction, with a compact housing that encloses the internal parts and provides (6) several mounting surfaces that are considered to be ideal for variety of installations. These provide smooth, positive, cam controlled rotary-linear combined motions to an external shaft.
- Arc radius can be from 3.5m to 14m.
- The strand can be 1-6
- Angular movement less than 180 degrees
- The Oscillators may be mounted in any position with (6) different mounting surfaces provided.
- Optional mount bases are available.
- The output shafts are unhardened to permit customer drilling or reaming operations
- An optional tubular linear output shaft is available to provide pneumatic, vacuum or electrical accessibility to output tooling.
Rotation of the input drive shaft(cw or ccw) causes a track cam and lever to produce linear movement of the output shaft. Positive angular positioning is obtained by the engagement of pair of needle type cam rollers with a hardened and ground guide key(s). Suitable fitting rib cam followers, keeps rotational backlash to minimum necessary for high speed operation and exact angular stopping. Since the rotational motion is a direct function of the cam stroke, any angular movement less than 180 degrees is obtainable with the addition of a special cam and positional locking rollers. Nonstandard linear strokes and shaft extensions are also available.