Terminal input modules (TIMs) are small peripherals that provide completion resistors for resistive bridge measurements, or act as voltage dividers or precision current shunts. The modules attach directly to the datalogger’s input terminals. Each module provides circuitry to connect one sensor, except for the voltage dividers, which allow connection of two single-ended sensors.
The 4WFBS120 TIM supplies two or three legs of a Wheatstone or full-bridge measurement for a sensor having a nominal resistance of 120 ohm. The Wheatstone bridge circuit is used to convert small changes in resistance to an output voltage. This module typically provides completion resistors for quarter-bridge or half-bridge strain gauges.
- Connects directly into datalogger input terminals; prongs on lower surface are secured into datalogger screw terminal.
- Makes accurate measurement of 120-ohm strain gauges simple; gauges are measured with a full-bridge measurement instruction.
- Back Plane Resistors: 1 kohm/1 kohm
- Ratio Tolerance (@ 25°C): ±0.2%
- Power Rating: 0.25 W
- Completion Resistor: 120 ohm
- Tolerance (@ 25°C): ±0.01%
- Power rating: 0.25 W