The SDM-CD16S is a 16-channel, solid-state relay driver that was originally developed for our trace-gas analysis (TGA) systems. It can control devices that have a relatively high-powered load, such as solenoids, solenoid valves, DC motors, stepper motors, lights, horns, heaters, and fans. With a voltage range of up to 48 Vdc and a maximum current output per channel of 2 A, this module can drive up to 100 W of power on each channel.
The SDM-CD16S has 16 dc voltage outputs that can be switched on and off manually or under datalogger control. Separate inputs for the power to the outputs (48 Vdc max) and the power to SDM-CD16 logic (48 Vdc) allow the option of powering the logic from the datalogger 12 V while switching a higher voltage. LEDs allow a visual indicator of active outputs.
The outputs can be controlled by a datalogger or controlled manually with a manual override toggle switch and individual rocker switches for each of the outputs.Specifications
- Compatible dataloggers: CR9000(X), CR5000, CR3000, CR1000, CR850, CR800, CR23X, CR10, 21X, and CR7.
- Logic power voltage: 7 to 48 Vdc
- Logic current drain at 12 Vdc: 15 mA quiescent; 2.5 mA per active LED (manual or auto)
- Maximum cable length: 20 ft total to all SDM devices. Consult Campbell Scientific if longer lengths are necessary.
- Toggle switch: MANUAL, OFF, AUTO individual dip switches for manual
- Supply voltage for output: 48 V max, dc only
- Maximum current per channel: 2 A
- Maximum current all channels total: 10 fused
- Fuse: 3 AG 10 A
- Actuation/release times: 8/200s
- Operating temperature: -40° to 70°C