Campbell Scientific's CS547A conductivity sensor measures the electrical conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids, and temperature of water. The CS547A is suitable in most surface water, laboratory, and industrial applications.
EC is measured with three cylindrical stainless steel electrodes mounted in an epoxy housing. The electrode configuration eliminates ground loop problems associated with sensors in electrical contact with earth ground. To reduce electrochemical reactions, minimize corrosion, and extend the probe’s life, the electrodes are ac coupled, and a bipolar excitation is applied. Temperature is sensed with a thermistor.
The CS547A is easy to clean and resistant to corrosion. It has rounded ends to facilitate installation and removal. For ground water applications, a weighted option is available to facilitate stand-alone submersion.
- Conductivity measurement range is optimized for fresh water
- Temperature measurement made with thermistor
- Requires A547 Conductivity Interface
- Replaces our CS547, 247, and 247W probes
- Conductivity range: 0.005 to 7.0 mS/cm
- Depth rating: Maximum 1000 ft (305 m)
- Lead length: Up to 1000 ft (305 m)
- pH range: survives 3.0 to 9.0
- Temperature measurement range: 0° to 50°C
- Temperature accuracy: Polynomial linearization error typically <0.1°C over 0° to 48°C
- Thermistor interchangeability: typically <0.2°C over 0° to 50°C
- Minimum pipe ID in which CS547A fits: 1.1” (2.79 cm)
- Dimensions: 1” x 0.75” x 3.5” (2.54 x 1.91 x 8.89 cm)
- Weight: 4.2 oz (120 g) w/4 ft lead