The Reverse Osmosis Systems are engineered to economically produce high purity water by removal of dissolved minerals, bacteria, particles, and organic impurities.
All membrane systems are manufactured in a skid/frame design providing for ease of installation with minimum floor space requirement. Constructed of welded structural carbon steel tubing, finished with corrosion resistant epoxy paint coating. Stainless steel fastener hardware is standard for corrosion resistance.
Cartridge Pre Filter Vessel:
- Pre-filtration of the membrane feed is standard on all systems. The filter housing is constructed of 304 stainless steel or per client specifications. Filter cartridges are pure polypropylene with a 5.0-micron nominal rating. Standard pressure pumps are constructed 316 stainless steel housing with a glass filled Noryl and Lexan Impeller Pumps are equipped with TEFC motors wired for 230 / 460 V AC voltage and rated for the full load, continuous duty.
Membrane Pressure Vessel:
- All systems feature membrane pressure vessels constructed of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) with 316 stainless steel side-entry feed/concentrate ports. Standard vessels have a white polyurethane finish. ASME code stamping is available on all pressure vessels.
- Standard reverse osmosis (RO) membrane elements are high rejection, thin-film composite (TFC) type in a spiral-wound configuration. Membrane elements are tested at 99.5% average salt rejection. All membrane elements carry a three-year warranty against defects in quality and workmanship.
- All systems feature a complete instrumentation package for optimal performance monitoring. Each of the following instruments are completely panel-mounted and pre-wired: – Pre/Post cartridge filter pressure gauges – RO feed/interbank pressure gauges – Product/reject pressure gauges – RO inlet/pump discharge pressure switches – Product/reject electronic flow meters – Product conductivity monitor – System temperature indicator – Pump run hour meter
- Operations of the system are automatically controlled through a comprehensive programmable logic controller (PLC) package housed in the NEMA-4 industrial electrical enclosure. The control system also includes a pre-wired motor starter, operator switches/pushbuttons, and status/alarm indicator lights. Standard systems include the following isolated alarm conditions:– Low inlet pressure– High pump discharge pressure– High-RO product conductivity.
System Piping and Valves:
- All membrane systems are completely pre-piped to the fullest extent and are installation ready. The following valves are provided as standard for accurate flow/pressure control and convenient operation:– Automatic inlet valve to prevent water flow through machine during shutdown– Pressure pump discharge throttle valve– RO reject/recirculation flow control valves– Automatic system flush valve for prevention of membrane fouling and scale formation– Pre/Post cartridge filter housing isolation valves– Inlet, product, and reject sampling valves– Isolation valves and blind ports for use with membrane cleaning systems.