We have proven technology of designing, manufacturing and installation of Fluidized Bed Dryers, such Dryers for Salt and other crystalline products which get fluidized with flow of Air in the Drying Chamber. Such Dryers have no moving part in the chamber, offer maintenance free efficient Drying with uniform dry crystals of the product. Our dryers working at high volumes, minimum labour and ease of operation round the clock. However in case of other Products Dryers are tailor-made, based on the actual operational data of the Products.
The process in brief is described below:
- Fluidization: The wet product is fed continuously from the inlet opening located on top of the FBDC body. The fluid bed system operates with hot drying air as fluidization media. Even though the residence time of each particle can vary, a uniform drying and cooling will be achieved due to an optimal heat and mass exchange between the fluidization air and the particles. The FBDC unit consists of a drying zone, which uses hot drying air followed by the cooling zone, which uses ambient cooling air. The cooled product is continuously discharged from the outlet chute of the FBDC unit for further conveyance.
- Drying & Cooling: The drying & cooling air is cleaned by suction filter & then conveyed by centrifugal fans, which are belt driven. The hot drying air is generated by passing the air from the drying air fan over fin tube heat exchanger through which hot thermic fluid is passed. The air flowing to the individual air zones can be adjusted by manual adjustment of butterfly dampers located in the intake air system.
- Exhaust air: The hot drying air removes the moisture in the product and cooling air reduces the product temperature in the FBDC to the desired level. These two air streams are removed together from a common outlet by the suction force of the exhaust air fan. Fines carried by exhaust air are recovered in a high efficiency cyclone.
- Final product: The dried and cooled product is continuously discharged out of fluid bed drier cooler for further conveyance. The fines are collected at the discharge through rotary air lock valve (RALV) at the bottom of cyclone separator.
- Continuous operation: The design, selection and construction of all parts of this FBDC plant under our scope have been for continuous operation as well as maximum reliability and easy maintenance. The unit can be operated continuously on the basis of 24 hrs. a day, all year round, of course, following the proper operation and maintenance procedure.
- Range of 1 Ton per Hour of Salt to 50 Tons per hour of Salt