PURGE REDUCTION SEAL
For the safe flare operation it is required to purge the gas line, before starting the process, through a non-condensable oxygen-free gas to displace any existing air & to prevent air ingression in to the flare stack. This continuous purging required a large amount of purging gas , to reduce the amount of gas required CRA design and manufactures purge reduction seals.
CRA offers two types of purge reduction seals:-
1. 1. Velocity Seal - The velocity seal is a frustro-conical type baffle
& is incorporated as a integral part of flare tip, welded within the main body of the tip to reduce the consumption of purge gas.
2. 2. .Buoyancy Seal - The Molecular Seal uses the difference in the relative molecular masses of the purge gas & infiltrating air to form gravity seal that prevents the air from entering in to the stack.
FEATURES OF PURGE REDUCTION SEAL
· Less purge gas required
· No moving parts
· Functions with wide range of gases
· Designed for Long life & least maintenance
· Material of construction in SS , Carbon Steel
· Designed & manufactured as per API/ASME