Gas Flow Computer
- Real or compressible gases expand with rising temperature, and compress with rising pressure and vice versa
- Therefore just Volumetric flow measurement is not suitable for such gases, we need to measure Mass Flow or Normalised Flow
- Mostly measured in Nm3/hr or SCFM , this is the volumetric flow of the mass flow had same Mass of gas been flowing at "standard" or "normal" Temperature and Pressure conditions ( STP / NTP)
- Gas density is a complex mathematical function of Temperature, Pressure and the physical and chemical properties of the Gas
Sometimes referred to as EFM ( Electronic Flow Meter) or Mass Flow Computer ( MFM), our Gas Flow Computer GFC-147 has an internal database of physical properties of most commonly used industrial gases.
It measures Gas Pressure and Temperature, and uses extremely complex algorithms for calculations of Gas Density & Compressibility all in real time.
It also uses algorithms confirming to International standards like ISO 5167 to compute Flow from Orifice Plates, Venturis, Flow Nozzles, Pitot Tubes etc. and corrects for factors like Reynolds number when the flow is computed.
So, it can be connected to any of these standard Flow measuring systems such as:
- Vortex Flowmeter
- Orifice Plate, DPT
- Pitot Tube, Venturi, 'Verabar' etc.
Salient Features :
Extensive Database of gases
- Compressed Air , Ammonia , Iso-Butane , N-Butane , CO2 , CO , Chlorine , Ethane , Ethylene , Helium , Hydrogen , Nitrogen , Oxygen , Propylene , Argon
- LPG , Propane , Methane , Producer Gas
- Volumetric Flow
- Mass Flow
- Gas Pressure
- Gas Temperature
- Gas Density
- Mass Total
- Normalised Flow
- Normalised Total
Preset Temperature or Pressure values
The values of Temperature and Pressure can be programmed in case on-line signals are not available or a transmitter failure.
Two levels of passwords
One for the user and another for instrument configuration to avoid un-authorised tampering.
Non-volatile memory to retain Totalised Flow, no batteries to change or fail.
Retransmission 4-20ma analog output, can be dedicated to represent any variable.
RS485/RS232 MODBUS interface Graphical Trend for Flow.