Class A Polygonal Modeling & Fast Surfacing for Manufacturing Applications
PolyWorks/Modeler™ is a comprehensive software solution for creating accurate and smooth polygonal models and NURBS surfaces from high-density point clouds. Preferred by automotive design studios worldwide, PolyWorks/Modeler™ is the only software solution that has demonstrated the capability of creating class A polygonal models for stringent polygonal manufacturing applications such as 3-axis & 5-axis milling, aerodynamic simulation, and digital review. PolyWorks/Modeler™ also offers a powerful rapid surfacing methodology that delivers the most usable NURBS surfaces in CAD software such as CATIA, PROE and UG Etc.
PolyWorks/Modeler™ allows you to:
Generate manufacturable class A polygonal models
- Transform aligned point clouds into highly accurate polygonal models using PolyWorks' unique tolerance-based adaptive meshing technology.
- Reconstruct perfect polygonal features from imperfectly digitized geometry.
- Apply all typical CAD operations directly to polygonal models and prepare these models for a wide variety of manufacturing applications such as milling, rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, inspection, CFD & FEA, digital review, etc.
- Use automatic feature-tracking tools to quickly create curve networks containing center curves, fillet tangent lines, sharp edge curves, etc. Curves can also be extracted interactively using only one mouse click.
- Constrain the automatic surfacing process to predefined curves in order to create more logical curve networks.
- Control the rigidity of the fitted NURBS surfaces, mimicking a sheet metal material for getting super-smooth surfaces without ripples, or a plastic material to closely follow subtle polygonal details.
- Optimize your subsequent efforts in the downstream CAD application by minimizing the number of control points and patches, increasing the smoothness of patches, and easily creating perfect feature curves.
- PolyWorks handles organized and unorganized high-density point clouds produced by all laser scanners,
- It also offers several plug-ins that allow direct scanning from within its user interface.
- Finally, PolyWorks is optimized to handle datasets of up to 100 million points efficiently without subsampling.
- 3D Digitizing
- Multiple Scan Alignment
- Adaptive Meshing
- Polygon Editing
- Rapid NURBS Surfacing
- Downstream Applications