This is the most revolutionary wick design since fragrance lamps were first used by Maurice Berger over 100 years ago! The patented technology utilizes a mesh screen rather than a stone, and takes just seconds to light. It burns fragrance lamp oil at a much slower rate, with a strong scent throw. Just 4 oz. of fragrance lamp oil burned for us for more than 8 hours! We believe these wicks to be the best we've ever used, and think you'll agree. This Platinum Wick will pay for itself with increased burn time from every bottle of fragrance lamp oil you use! For regular size fragrance lamps. When you order replacement wicks only, we will adjust your shipping after the order is placed to $4.95 and ship via USPS (as long as the quantity ordered fits in the smallest Priority Mail box). Please read all safety precautions and lighting directions before using your fragrance lamp with the Platinum Wick.
Prepare your catalytic lamp just as you would for use with your stone burner. This wick is designed for use in 3-tier lamp fittings like the one pictured.
- Use funnel to fill lamp with fragrance lamp oil, up to 2/3 full.
- Insert cloth wick into lamp with metal wick assembly resting on metal lamp tier.
- For first time use let the cloth wick absorb fragrance for 5-10 minutes. Snuffer cap is not needed.
Lighting the Platinum Wick
The process of lighting the Platinum Wick is different than with typical stone-style burners.
- Using a torch-style lighter, touch the lighter flame to the metal screen of the wick for several seconds, until you see a small flame.
- Let the flame burn a few seconds, then gently blow it out.
- You will see the metal screen glowing, and your lamp is dispersing fragrance.
- Place the fragrance lamp crown over the wick. Avoid lighting or operating the lamp near a fan or draft.
Extinguishing the Platinum Wick
Follow the same steps as you do for your stone burner.
Caution: Crown will be hot. Handle with care.
- Remove Crown (use a potholder) and place it on a heat resistant surface.
- Place Snuffer Cap over Platinum Wick.
- Replace Crown.
- The Platinum Wick will self extinguish when it has burned all the fragrance lamp oil.
- The Platinum Wick will self extinguish if operated in front of a fan or draft.
Follow the same safety precautions as you would for your stone burner.
- When filling, do not place on wooden furniture or painted surfaces.
- Use a saucer under lamp to prevent possible damage to furniture finishes.
- Do not overfill. Wipe up any oil spills or drips before lighting the wick.
- Place on flat, stable surface away from any other combustible materials.
- Do not touch the wick as it is hot even though there is no flame.
- Always cover the wick with Crown when in use.
- Never place caps on over any open flame.
- Crown may get hot during operation. Handle crowns and wicks with care.
- Keep diffuser oil bottles sealed to avoid accidental spills.
- Do not leave lamp unattended during operation.
- Keep lamp and oil out of reach of children and pets.
- Cover wick with Snuffer Cap to avoid evaporation of fragrance oil when not in use.
- Do not remove cotton wick from burner assembly.
- After extended use the Platinum Wick can be rejuvenated by soaking the entire assembly overnight in rubbing alcohol.