- SILI-K Tape is produced from specially formulated silicone rubber.
- Where warped with at least a 50% overlap upon itself SILI-K Tape provides a self-fusing.
- Cohesive insulating barrier that is resistant to moisture, oxygen,ozone and corona over.
- Arange of temperatures from -65F up to +500F.
- SILI-K Tape provides superior electrical insulation with a dielectric strength of
- 300 VPM minimum at 356 F/180C (Class H).
Tape Lines Advantages
100-R : Unsupported flat with a rectangular cross section, for general use
100-T : Unsupported tape with a triangular cross section and a colored guideline for
ezsy consistence wrapping
DA&DB : Encapsulated sinusoidal glass tape, supported to control stretch
and increase strength
SILI-K Tape Advantages
- Resists moisture, oxygen and ozone to assure continuous high insulation values.
- Conforms smoothly when wrapped around complex forms
- Bonds to itself at room temperature within 24 hours
- Remains non-tacky to the touch and does not adhere to other surfaces, or substretes.
- Insulates to specified value with single wrap tape, thereby reducing labor time and cost
- Resists vibration, heat and mechanical shock as well as cavitation under
- Corona and electrical fatigue
- Tape is inherently flame retardant and when burned forms a non-conductive insulating ash
- Meets the horizontal burn test criteria prescribed in FAR-25.853
- SA & SB SILI-K Tapes provide a uniform thickness even around sharp edges-dielectric
- Strength remains contant. Glass cloth encapsulated inside the silicone rubber
- Prevents wicking and maintains high insulation resistance under the highest humidity
- Conditions. Controlled stretch tapes provide a uniform voltage barrier
- Al SILI-K Tapes are protected by a special interleaved membrane
SILI-K TAPE Applications
- Insulate field armature and interpole coils in large motors
- Protect coils from effets of vibration
- Wrap reclaimed motors by over-wraping deteriorated insulation
- Works as a sealing system form splicing and terminating of wire and cable
- Insulating and sealing electrical connections
- Vibration fixture, anti-scratch and clamping pads
- Harness wrapping and wire bundling to meet Class H insulation
- Insulating coil leads and bus bar connections
- Underground cable splices
- Electromagnetic coil insulation
- Insulating heated transfer lines
- On-board aerospace and space experiments
- Insulating in radioactive environments
- Masking agent utilized in manufacturing processes and power coatings
- Applied to rollers for protetction and traction