USES OF SBR
The automobile industry:
• More than 50% of the automobile industry uses SBR for the manufacture of car and truck tyres.
• Shoe heels and soles
• Chewing gum
• It is used as a resin to bind pigmented coatings on papers.
• Speaker driver manufacturers it as a material for low damping rubber surrounds in the speakers.
Building or construction application:
• Sealing and binding agent behind renders as it has the properties of extreme durability, reduced shrinkage and increased flexibility along with being resistant to emulsification in damp areas.
• Used for “tanking” damp rooms or surfaces especially for basement constructions.