The Espero Sonico consists of a number of individual sandwich panels that are suspended from and move along an overhead track. The panels are pushed together and interlock to form a wall. The panels are composed of a self-supporting aluminium frame reinforced with steel and high quality particle boards on both sides.
Acoustic integrity is achieved as follows: along the top and bottom of the panels by means of extendable pressure seals, along the vertical sides by acoustic rubber seals and internally with high performance sound absorbing materials. The sound insulation quality is further enhanced by a sound-break between the frame and outer boards. A telescopic end-panel enables the wall to be vertically locked into position completing the acoustic seal. The Sonico range is available with laboratory tested sound insulation values from Rw = 37dB to 53 dB.
The patented Espero Quick system ensures that the pressure seals are extended and retracted by a single 180° turn of a removable operating handle. Once retracted the panels can be moved effortlessly and quietly along the especially designed aluminium overhead track system. The track and carrier system provides ease of operation and flexibility allowing walls to be positioned or parked in countless configurations. The Sonico has been tested for sound reduction by internationally recognised test laboratories. In addition the Espero Sonico is TUV approved.
The Sonico mobile wall comes in three different versions:
Type 85: slim-line version with visible vertical aluminium profiles.
Type 100: heavy-duty version with vertical and horizontal aluminium profiles. These aluminium profiles can be lacquered to suit.
Type 110: the aesthetic version with concealed aluminium profiles.
Each panel can be finished to the client's specification. All finishes used in interior design can be applied offering total creative freedom. For example: high quality melamine, hard plastic laminate, vinyl, digital prints, mirrors, paint, steel sheets, acoustic boards, and veneers which are stitched, glued and lacquered in Espero's own factory.
Key characteristics and benefits:
- Espero Sonico mobile walls can be positioned and parked away easily, quickly and silently
- configuration of the walls is limitless: straight, curved, ascending (auditorium) around corners, etc.
- all finishes in interior design can be applied
- choice of three different types of Sonico walls 85/100/110
- no maximum width restrictions
- heights of up to 13 metres
- extensive choice of sound ratings from 37dB to 53dB
- choice of magnetic profiles for ultimate ease of panel location
- track can be seamlessly integrated in any kind of ceiling