We bring in for our clients a wide range of Ethyl Iodide, which takes place by heating ethanol with iodine and phosphorus. This compound ethyl iodide is colorless in nature and can be highly flammable on exposed to air. Moreover, our range of Ethyl iodide is considered very good with alkylation reactions and is used as a thickening agent and binder in paints, cosmetics, and similar products.
- Cas No.: 75 - 03 - 6 Grade : AR
- Mol Wt.: 190.44 Mol. Formula : CH3 CH2I
- Structural Formula: Chart
- Appearance: Colorless liquid.
- Density: 1.95 G/Cm3 at 20 °C.
- Melting Point: -110.9 °C.
- Boiling Point: 72.40 °C.
- Solubility in Water: 0.40 g/100 ml of Water (@20 °C
- Assay: NLT 99.0 % C2H5I
- Residue after Ignition: NMT 0.01 %