We bring in for our clients wide range of Methyl Iodide, that proves an excellent reagent for methylation. This compound, methyl iodide are miscible with organic solvents and is colorless in nature. Moreover, our range of methyl iodide is naturally emitted by rice plantations in small amounts, and find wide applications in organic synthesis to deliver a methyl group and is used as a pesticides. Further, this compound methyl iodide comes in the chemical formula of CH31 and its molecular weight is 141.94.
- Cas No. : 74 - 88 - 4 Grade : AR
- Mol Wt : 141.94 Mol. Formula : CH3I
- Appearance : Clear Colorless liquid.
- Density : 2.28 g/cm3 at 20 °C.
- Melting Point : -66.45 °C.
- Boiling Point : 42.43 °C.
- Solubility in Water : 1.40 g/100 ml of Water (@20 °C
- Assay (by G.C.) : NLT 99.0 % CH3I
- Free Acid (as HI) : NMT 0.1 %
- Methanol : NMT 0.3 %