DUNAR Foods offers an award winning recipe of tasty Mushroom Biryani, which can be served with meat, sea food and plethora of vegetables. The grains of DUNAR Basmati Rice are delicate and slender thus are the first choice of gourmet cooks.
Method of Preparation :
- Scrub and wash mushrooms, rinse and chop into quarters.
- Wash DUNAR Basmati Rice in plenty of water and soak in sufficient water for 20 minutes
- Peel and fine slice onions. Peel ginger, garlic and grind together to a fine paste.
- Clean, wash Chop fresh Coriander and Mint leaves.
- Wash tomatoes and make a puree in a blender. Whisk the skimmed milk yogurt and soak the saffron in one fourth cup warm skimmed milk.
- Boil three to four cups water in a thick bottomed vessel; add bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cinnamon, mace and one teaspoon salt. When the water starts boiling rapidly, drain the soaked Basmati Rice and add.
- Cook for eight to ten minutes, stirring frequently or until the rice is three fourth done.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add sliced onions and stir fry over high heat for two to three minutes or until the onion turns translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook briefly.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, crushed peppercorn, cumin powder and turmeric powder. Stir fry briefly and add the pureed tomatoes.
- Continue cooking over high heat for another two to three minutes, stirring continuously or until masala is fairly thick.
- Add the whisked skimmed milk yogurt, Garam masala powder and half the quantity of chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves. Stir well and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the Chopped mushrooms and salt to taste. Stir-fry over high heat for two or three minutes and remove from heat.
- Arrange the cooked rice and mushroom masala in alternate layers in an over proof dish (or biryani handy).
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves, Kevra water and the skimmed milk with saffron. Ensure that the topmost layer is of rice.
- Cover the assembled biryani with a tight fitting lid and seal the edges with kneaded wheat flour dough (if required).
- Keep the sealed dish on a medium hot tama and leave for ten to fifteen minutes. Few burning charcoal pieces can also be kept on the lid. Alternately, leave the sealed dish in a pre-heated oven for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Break the seal and open the biryani just before serving.