To prepare a Nursery for a desired area for cultivation of Basmati Paddy, the sprouted seeds in the proportionate quantity are sprinkled within ½ or 1 acre or even bigger area as per the requirement and are left for 30 to 40 days’ time before the transplantation to the area of Cultivation.
Preparation by mechanical mans for easy transplanting.
- Ideal Time of Transplantation – 1st fortnight of July.
- Transplantation of seeds 25 to 30 days, 1 to 2 seeds per hill
- 32 seeds per meter
- Distance between the two plants should be 6 inches or 15 cms
- Distance between the rows 9 inches or 20 cms
- To strengthen the roots, the water is filled within the field for a span of 6 to 10 days to a height of 4-5 cms