To gain strong foothold in this industry, we are devoted to offer a wide gamut of ACEM Disc Brakes. The offered disc brakes are manufactured using optimum quality raw material and the latest technology in line with industry norms. Used for commercial vehicles further joined with mono block brake calipers, these disc brakes are highly applauded in the market. Besides, these disc brakes are offered in variegated specifications as per precise needs of our clients.
- Accurate dimension
- Sturdy design
- A disc brake slows a vehicle by applying the force generated by the brake cylinder to the brake disc. Knorr Bremse has set new standards with its pneumatic disc brake for commercial vehicles with gross weights of 6 t to 44 t or more. The advantages over conventional systems are: reduced weight, compact design, even pad wear, ease of servicing, reduced cost and enhanced safety.
- Knorr-Bremse position as the leading supplier of disc brakes and complete braking systems for commercial vehicles has been further consolidated by further technological developments such as mono block brake calipers, splined discs with intermediate elements and split discs for easier disc replacement.
- Very fast operating solenoid actuated. These are A C. Disc type spring loaded brakes of design mounted on the shaft extension of the motor on non driving end, no extra foundation is necessary.
These work as on Electromagnetic Principle and consists:
- Electromagnetic fixed to the end plate
- Floating plate on one side of which is fixed on the armature
- A friction disc with a square hole or internal spline at its center.
- Mounting plate
- Square shaft, or spline shaft
Selection of Brakes:
- The 'Torque' and 'Rime' are the two important deciding factors in selecting the specific size brake if the braking torque is equal to the running torque, the brake will stop the moving mechanism as fast as the time the motor took to bring it to the speed.
- In case of cranes, hoists, lifts, etc the brake is provided to hold the mass in the same position when the motor is off. Taking into account some fluctuation in the line voltage the some losses in mechanism, about 1.5 time braking torque should be provided while selecting brakes on above kind of machines. But when instantaneous braking is required, the braking torque should be 2 to 3 times of the running torque. Moment of inertia and frequency of braking are also important factors to be considered.
- Given below is a guide for initial selection in an average application.
- 975 x kw (of driving motor)
- RUNNING T(KGFM) = TORQUE : R. P. M. (of the shaft on which the brake is to be fitted)
Electro Hydraulic Thruster Brakes:
- Electro hydraulic thruster brake is a heavy duty brake designed to withstand the severe duty conditions imposed by heavy duty machinery in various industries. The electro hydraulic thruster transmits useful thrust through the levers onto the brake shoe thereby releasing the brake. When the power is switched off, the brake is smoothly applied because the hydraulic thrust acting against the spring pressure is gradually reduced.