AMAX's Cluster Max™ Stor -X Scalable Petabyte Storage Cluster is ideal for large Petabyte-scale HPC deployments that integrate the latest computing technologies, requiring extreme performance, and high-density computing with robust storage management features. The Cluster Max™ Stor-X Scalable Petabyte Storage Cluster delivers true linear scalability, scales to hundreds of petabytes, and adds new nodes with two mouse clicks. It features up to 864 CPU cores, up to 18TB system memory, and up to 1,440TB hot swap storage capacity per 42U standard rack cabinet. It offers customers performance scalability, industry leading density and maximum efficiency at scale for applications ranging from in-memory databases, to a diverse set of data and Petabyte-scale storage-intensive HPC applications.
Key Features of Petabyte-Scale Clustered Storage Application:
Scalability. Linear scalability makes it easy to expand as needed.
- Truly linear scalability, scales to hundreds of petabytes, add new nodes with two mouse clicks
Performance. Unique architecture eliminates the need for a metadata sever and produces truly ground-breaking IOPS and throughput performance.
- No metadata server, no central point of failure, automatic load balancing, stripe files across dozens of storage blocks
High Availability. High availability options include data mirroring and real time self-healing.
- Error detection and correction even while files are running or during hardware failures
Easy Deployment & Management. Ongoing maintenance is simple and efficient with integrated management of volumes, data resources, and servers.
- Self-healing (no fsck), automatic error-correction, wizard based deployments, centralized logging and reporting, no system downtime for upgrades or new nodes
Optimized for Virtual Servers
- Store VM images and data in single namespace, multiple copies of VM images provide always-on performance--even during hardware failure
Kernel Independent. Gain the benefits of kernel-independence without any of the performance tradeoffs.
- No complex cross-platform compatibility issues, no problematic upgrades, easy implementation of custom applications and modules
Quick, Flexible Setup. Features push-button setup enabling you to customize your storage settings for your workload. You can easily optimize for small files, cloud computing, or any other usage.
- Native clients available but not required, supports NFS, CIFS, HTTP, WebDAV, and FTP protocols; Network: Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, InfiniBand
Flexible Modular Design. Enables easy addition of features without the bloat for features that you don't require.
- Easy, fast feature enhancements, designed for your workload, eliminates unneeded features for optimum speed