Taber 5135 & 5155
The Taber® Abraser is an industry standard used in the wear and durability testing of ceramics, plastics, textiles, metals, leather, rubber and painted, lacquered and electroplated surfaces.
Accelerated wear test procedures using the Taber® Abraser have been written into many test specifications including ASTM, ISO, TAPPI and DIN - as well as automotive manufacturing procedures around the world.
The Taber® Rotary Abraser is available with either a single test head or dual testing heads, which allow the user to test two different or identical materials simultaneously, for comparison and contrast - doubling the productivity of the operator. A linear abraser is also available - the Taber® 5750 for testing small items and curved items.
Choose from a wide variety of abrading wheels and abraser accessories to simulate real-life wear conditions.
Each instrument comes complete with:
- Auxiliary Weight - 500g load
- Auxiliary Weight - 1000g load
- Specimen Holder, 4.3" OD (E-100-125)
- Hold Down Ring (E-100-101)
- Refacing Discs, 100pcs (S-11)
- Calibrase® Wheel Set (CS-10)
- Calibrade® Wheel Set (H-18)
- Vacuum unit with suction hose and round brush