Many industries such as pharmaceutical, food and beverage are turning to, chemical-free, hot-water sanitization to meet product quality requirements and save time and resources. Hot-water sanitization effectively protects against detrimental bacterial growth in the activated carbon media bed, thereby limiting carbon replacement costs and the associated system downtime.
Benefits of utilizing hot-water sanitization include:
- More thorough kill lessens the bacteria counts to significantly increase periods between sanitizations
- Reduction in backwash water requirements
- Significantly increase carbon performance and reduce costs
- Bacteria control is improved due to uniform heating of the carbon bed in the expanded state with reduced potential for cold spots during sanitization
- Speed to completion because there is no rinse-step (unlike in chemical cleaning)