Epoxy silicone fluid (LK-EMS 5110) is an epoxy modified silicone fluid that gives softness with a dry feel without yellowing fabrics. It is especially recommended for use with LK-ASF textile finishing fluid and LK CRX carboxy fluid to give increased body and bounce to the fabric.
- It gives a soft handle with dry feel.
- Resistant to washing and abrasion
- Readily forms emulsions that are dilution stable.
- Epoxy functional silicone
- 100% active.
- Emulsion stable in up to 600-ppm hard water and 0.1% electrolyte.
- Can be used with other LK-ASF fluids or LK-Carboxy fluids to give elastomeric finishes.
Epoxy silicone fluid (LK-EMS 5110) can be easily converted into emulsions by using non-ionic emulsifiers. These emulsions can be used in textiles & leather to generate soft handle with a dry feel that is capable of withstanding repeated washing cycles. The emulsions can be applied alone or in combination with current durable press resins. They also give better wrinkle recovery and better tear strength to the fabric. Epoxy silicone fluid (LK-EMS 5110) can be used alone, for which the use of catalysts such as zirconium acetate or magnesium chloride is advised to ensure durability and better performance.