Engineered Products Company's GFF Surface Mount Bracket (SMB) provides the Contractor with the ability to locate and install a 2-foot, 4-foot or 8-foot GFF Series Light Fixture directly under a junction box to surface mount the fixture to a ceiling or wall.Benefits that Save Installation Time and Labor include:
- The ability to wire directly into the junction box
- Eliminating the cost and installation of a fixture whip and junction box cover plate.
- Providing a water and bug resistant seal that protects the critical area between the junction box's supply conductors and the lighting fixture. No adhesive sealant or gasket material is required.
- The finished installation of the lighting fixture will be more pleasing to the building owner without the fixture whip running across the ceiling.
- The SMB in combination with the GFF Light Fixture maintains its UL Listing for "Wet" Location Applications.
- Compliant with NEC, Article 410.24(B).
Note: The Surface Mount Bracket is a "factory installed" option and is not available for Sale as an Accessory or for Field Retrofit.
When adding the Surface Mount Bracket (Option Y) to your part number, always ensure corresponding number is included (e.g., Y1, Y2, or Y3). EPCO will pre-drill a hole in the fixture housing at the designated "number" location shown in the following diagrams to facilitate pulling the supply conductors from the junction box and into the fixture.