- Type: Brake Assembly
- Phase: 3 Phase
- Material: Cast Iron
- The braking pressure to the shoes is transmitted from the springs by means of an extremely rigid and simple lever / tie rod mechanism.
- Braking is smooth and positive. Release of the brake shoes effected by energizing the 3 phase thruster which overcomes the spring force and the shoes are moved clear of the drum by the lever/ arm linkage system.
- The improved design of the leverage system and linkage makes it possible to utilize only a portion ( 70 to 75%), of the thruster stroke initially 9 at the time of commissioning the brake) when the brake lining is new. This enables a reserve of lining wear
- As the lining wears out thruster stroke adjusts itself automatically and the wear of the lining has no effect on the braking torque until after this stage that the brake has to be readjusted to the original setting
- The angle of the brake shoe being 700 makes the replacement and maintenance of the brake shoes easy at site.