ORIGIN : INDIA
PACKAGING : 25 KG BAGS
Zinc Chromate & Zinc Tetroxy Chromate are corrosion resistant agents that are added to certain coatings. Chromate finishes including Zinc Chromate provide superior corrosion resistance. Additionally, Zinc Chromate is highly toxic thus protecting the surface from proliferation of organic matter.
- Primers based on Zinc Chromate are used as first coats in any Anti-Corrosive Painting system.
- Zinc chromate is used as rust- and corrosion-resistant pigment in paints, varnishes and oil colors. It is used in solvent and vinyl based wash primer wash primers, metal conditioners or in aluminium flake coatings, either alone or in combination with strontium chromate (water based wash primer).
- Zinc Tetroxy Chromate is used in Printing inks, Protective coating, Synthetic enamel.
- Zinc Tetroxy Chromate is a specialized pigment and is meant for use in Wash/Etch Primer coatings
- Primers based on this pigment impart very good bonding properties to subsequent Coats. As compared to Zinc Yellow, Zinc Tetroxy Chromate is reactive to a lesser extent with acidic vehicles. Its Zinc Oxide component makes it basic in character, which further contributes to corrosion inhibition by reaction with acidic materials in the film. Low solubility type relatively free from soluble Chlorides and Sulphates is intended for use in the metal primers.
- Zinc Tetroxy Chromate which offer excellent adhesion to paint systems on non-ferrous metals like tin, aluminium and galvanized iron substrates.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
|Physical Constants||Specification||Test Methods|
|Appearance||Greenish yellow powder|
|DC* Chroma||± 0.7||VX/FP/001|
|DH* Hue||± 0.8||VX/FP/001|
|Colour Strength Equivalent (Colibri)||100 ± 5||VX/FP/001|
|Odour||Odourless||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Bulk Density||0.6 - 0.8||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Oil absorption||16 - 21||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|pH in Water||5.5 - 7.0||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Avg particle size||10 - 15 microns||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Residue on 240 mesh sieve||0.5 % (Max)||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Light Fastness||Full tone: 7 / Reduction: 7||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Weather Resistance||7||ISI STD No 33-1976.|
|Acid Resistance||Very poor||ISI STD No 33-1976.|