Ideal for Izod and/or Charpy metals impact testing, the Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment is well known for its rugged design, high accuracy and low operating costs.
Charpy/Izod impact test method for metallic materials is specified by ASTM E23 standard. This specification defines terms, dimension and tolerances of test pieces, type of the notch (U or V), test force, verification of impact testing machines, etc. The test consists of breaking by one blow from a swinging pendulum, under conditions defined by standard, a test piece notched in the middle and supported at each end. The energy absorbed is determined in joules. This absorbed energy is a measure of the impact strength of the material.
- Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment available in five floor models with capacities ranging from 200 to 500 Joules.
- Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment is as per ASTM E-23 standard.
- Select models of Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment are capable of N.I.S.T. Charpy tests.
- DI-2216 Digital Display available with Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment
- Test Data printout is also available in our Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment
- Safety guards at the front side of the Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment.
- Release of pendulum by ‘One Hand Operation’.
- Pendulum Lifting Arrangement: ‘Electro-Mechanical’
|Pendulum Impact Testing Equipment||Charpy Test||Izod Test|
|Pendulum drop angle||140o||85o|
|Pendulum effective weight||20.59 Kgs.||21.245 Kgs.|
|Pendulum speed||5.3465 m/sec||3.844 m/sec|
|Pendulum impact energy||200/300/400/500Joule||2Joule/1Joule|
|Min. Graduation||2Joules/1Joule||825 mm|
|Distance of axis of hammer rotation and centre of test piece point of test piece hit by hammer.||825 mm||21.245 Kgs.|
|Max. Permissible loss by friction & windage, etc.||0.25 % of maximum impact energy|