Beeswax is a natural wax secreted by the bee and used for the construction of the honeycomb.
Beeswax contains myricyl palmitate, cerotic acid and some hydrocarbons. The natural wax is yellow and may be bleached by the action of sunlight or after treatment with oxidizing agents. This bleached wax is used in ointments, cosmetic creams, lipsticks, candle making etc.
- Aspect off-white pastilles
- Odour characteristic
- Acid value (e. P) 17 - 24
- Iodine value (e. P) 5 - 15
- Saponification value (e. P) 87 – 104
- Ester value (e. P) 70 – 80
- Huble ratio (e. P) 3,3 – 4,3
- Melting point (nf-t60-102) 61 – 65 °c
- Drop point 61 – 66 °c
- Hydrocarbons 10,5 – 13,5 %
Minimum Order Quantity : 25 Kilograms