Dha Bema (Drokpa): Aryan Village:
Dha Bema is 163Km. from Leh, passing through the beautiful village of Sham Valleys. The Drokpa community is considered as the last race of Aryans confined to the valley. Their features are pure Indo Aryan. The cultural and religious practices are very similar to ancient pre Buddhist religion known as Bonpo, then to Buddhism as practices in the rest of Ladakh.
Tour code: LP11: (8 Nights / 9 days)
Shey, Thiksay, Hemis, Alchi, Likeer, Dha – Baima, Phyang, Spituk, Khardongla, Pangong Lake, Stok, Sankar, Shanti Stupa.
- Day 01: Arrive Leh : Arrive Leh airport and transfer to Hotel with our representative. One is advice to take complete day rest for acclimatization. After lunch take a walk around Leh market.
- Day 02: Full day trip to Shey Palace, Thiksey & Hemis ministries. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Drive to Ulleytokpo on the way visit Sangam, Alchi and Liker Monasteries. Afternoon relax at Ulleytokpo camp.
- Day 04: Drive from Ulleytokpo to Baima (Dard Valley) considered one of the pure descendents of Aryan race. Afternoon visit Dha & Beima Drokpa village. Evening back to Ulleytokpo / Alchi. Overnight camp.
- Day 05: Drive to Leh visiting Liker, Spituk, Phyang monitories and Hall of Fame. Overnight Hotel in Leh.
- Day 06: Morning visit Khardongla pass at 18380fts- world highest motor able pass. Afternoon visit Shanti Stupa and Sankar monastery. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 07: Early morning drive to Pangong Lake (longest high altitude lake in Himalayas). Evening back to hotel.
- Day 08: Visit Stok Palace and afternoon free for personal activities.
- Day 09: Early morning transfer to airport to board flight for onward destination.