Mt. Kailash, 6,740 m. is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. It is the perfect mountain with awesome beauty, with 4 great faces. It is the spiritual centre for four great religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion - Bonpo. It is said that a stream from the mountain pours into a nearby lake and from here rivers flow in the four cardinal directions. The River of the Lion Mouth to the North, the River of the Horse Mouth to the east, the River of the Peacock Mouth to the south and the River of the Elephant Mouth to the West. Buddhist believe that it is the residence of Demchog, a fierce looking tantric deity who lives there with his consort, Dorje Phagmo. For the Buddhist also, it is a particularly special place in that their poet saint Milarepa, spent several years here meditating in a cave.
For the Hindus Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spritual centre of the universe, described as a fanatastic 'world pillar' 84,000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens. On the top lives their most revered God, Shiva, and his consort Parvati.
For the Jains, an Indian religious group, Kailash is the site where their first prophet achieved enlightenment.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Pashupatinath Darshan.
- Day 03: Fly Katmandu /Lasa.
- Day 04: Sightseeing tour in Lasa.
- Day 05: Sightseeing tour in Lasa.
- Day 06: Drive to Gtantse.
- Day 07: Drive to Shigatse.
- Day 08: Drive to Lhatse.
- Day 09: Drive to Saga.
- Day 10: Drive to Paryang.
- Day 11: Drive to Mansarovar.
- Day 12: Mansarovar Parikaarama & drive to Darchen.
- Day 13: Drive & trek to Diraphuk.
- Day 14: Cross Dromala, Trek to Lamchu Valley.
- Day 15: Finidh Trek & drive to Manasarovar.
- Day 16: Drive to Paryang.
- Day 17: Drive to Saga.
- Day 18: Drive to Nyalam.
- Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 20: Transfer to airport for departure.