Our organization is dedicatedly engaged in the business of manufacturing, supplying and exporting Jominy Test Fixture. These are manufactured using optimum quality raw material employing latest tools and techniques. Our range of test fixtures are widely demanded in the market for its high durability, perfect fittings and robust designing. Clients can avail these fixtures from us at economical price.
- Equal intervals of 1 mm or 1/16” should be checked and the result is plotted on graph paper with hardness value on Y-axis and distance from the quenched on X-axis. By comparing the curves harden ability can be determined
- 25 mm diameter and 100 mm length test sample of steel which is under evaluation is heated uniformly. After that the specimen is removed from the furnace and placed in the end quench test apparatus and immediately treated by room temperature water
- Longitudinal flat surfaces are placed on opposite sides of the test piece so that correct positioning of the sample is done in the fixture and reliable results can be obtained
- Jominy Test Fixture should be positioned on the main screw of the hardness tester for checking hardness of the test sample. Plot the resulting data on graph paper with hardness value as ordinate and distance from the quenched end as abscissa. By comparing the hardenability can be determined
- Relative hardenability of the material varies with its flatness
- Details of the test are present in IS : 3848-1981 and ASTM : A-255
Material Cast Iron